Monday 4 November 2013

Chateau Le Boscq, 2006 - It's the taking part that counts!

Nothing much written recently. Sorry, but I've had a busy work period, leading up to a holiday. This has meant not much time for extra-curricular activities. As such, writing about wine has been put on the back-burner. This evening though, I've been thinking that i should get back into it, and what to write about next.

There's a lot of potentially wonderful wine-related topics to choose from. I'm preparing for my WSET qualification and my head is swimming with possibilities. Right now though, I'm not in such an analytical mood. I would like to tell the world about the 2006 Chateau Le Boscq I'm drinking, but I'm struggling to put my finger on the aromas and the flavours. I know its good, but my eloquence isn't flowing!


It's at this point that i realise that maybe sometimes, that's all you need. I don't feel like analysing my wine this evening. I've been to a lot of tastings recently, and 'written-up' a lot of wines in my journal. Tonight, i'm just going to enjoy this wine for what it is. At a basic level, wine is a drink that should smell and taste good. It doesn't have to be broken down in to it's elements or scored.

For those who want to know if the Le Boscq '06 is any good, well, it is! It's a lovely, mature claret that smells and tastes good! It's nothing mind-blowing, but it's ready for drinking, and if you have some, or see some on a shop shelf, get it and drink it!

I'm about to get some cheese and biscuits to eat with my wine. I've quite anjoyed the realisation and rememberance that, ultimately, we're supposed to enjoy the products we buy and consume. So that's exactly what I'm going to do! I hope you enjoy whatever you're eating or drinking this evening. I know this yummy wine may not last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment